The vitamin D endocrine system have a variety of actions on cells and tissues involved in COVID-19 progression.
Early calcifediol (25-hydroxyvitamin D) treatment to hospitalized COVID-19 patients significantly reduced intensive care unit admissions-Calcifediol seems to be able to reduce severity of the COVID-19.
Calcifediol seems to be able to reduce severity of the disease.
…it is recommended that improving vitamin D status in the general population and in particular hospitalized patients has a potential benefit in reducing the severity of morbidities and mortality associated with acquiring COVID-19.
- Patients with sufficient levels of vitamin D are less likely to experience complications and die from COVID-19
- It has also been found to reduce infection rates.
- Vitamin D sufficiency was linked with a significantly decreased level of inflammatory markets, and higher blood levels of immune cells, in new research from Boston University’s school of medicine.
- In patients older than 40, those who had sufficient levels of vitamin D were more than 51% less likely to die than patients who were deficient.
- Sufficient vitamin D can reduce the risk of catching the coronavirus by 54%, the vitamin can also help against other viruses affecting the upper respiratory tract.
The argument that vitamin D deficiency may contribute to more severe cases of Covid is gaining ground. It is now reaching the point where it is surprising that we are not hearing from leading medical officials and politicians that people should consider taking supplements to ensure they have sufficient vitamin D.