Ivor Cummins gives an excellent talk on the history of COVID-19 to Irish Nurses and Mother’s Group.
The committee also heard that under the World Health Organization case definition, if a patient has a heart attack and is also found to have Covid-19, the case will be recorded as a Covid-19 death.
- Chief Executive Paul Reid said the cost of testing this year is estimated at €450 million and the estimate for next year is €700m.
- He said that, to date, the highest level of weekly testing has been 90,000 tests.
- 4,328 children and teachers have been tested and the positivity rate in school cases has been 1.9%.
- Out of 27 deaths in September 2020, 20 of these cases, the patients had an underlying illness.
- The median age of those who died was 79.